Saturday, February 16, 2013

Out N About

All Aboard, Study, 11x14, available
All Aboard, 24x30" available

So recently a good friend told me that there was a place I could go to paint and there would be a train parked there.. So I went. Just when I was about done with the Plein Air piece 11x14" (see top photo) the clouds rolled in. This was the beginning of  a recent big snow storm you might have heard something about..
 The photo below is a very bad photo of the studio piece (24x30") from my small plein air piece, photo and imagination. I froze painting this.. As I type this, more snow is falling. Fun!

Quote: "It is good for young people to have a model, but they should forego looking at the model while they paint. " Paul Gauguin

If you are interested, there are still a handful of very modestly priced pieces for sale in my Etsy Gallery Store. The link for this store is in the upper right hand corner of this blog.

Thank you for stopping by!!

7 comments:

Darrell Anderson said...

Absolutely outstanding. I wish I could see this in person. There is movement in the piece...not just a static train.

Darrell Anderson said...

Just spent another ten minutes studying both pieces...like them both. Terrific brushwork and love the way you played colors off against each other. Also admire how you simplified the background.

Daniel Corey said...

Wow, thank you Darrell!! That means a lot coming from you considering I find inspiration in your work. Happy painting!

Unknown said...

I can only agree with the sentiments expressed by Darrell. More fine work.

Daniel Corey said...

Thank you Mick!

Mea said...

This is a very nice piece, very unified. The Pthalo Blues/Green make a superb foreground that draws you in. Well done!

Daniel Corey said...

Thank you Mea!