Monday, January 26, 2009

Laundry Day


Well it is actually laundry day and its sucks, alright its not that bad and since our new home has a great (high efficiency) washer and dryer makes its almost OK . Makes me think back to when we were living in Brasil, we washed All of our laundry by hand in a special extra sink that is installed in alot of homes there, usually in the kitchen and if your lucky near a window!. (now that sucked!) But you couldn't get more efficient. I would like to preface today's Quote by saying I have been reading this great collection of writings by R.M. Kulicke. Passed to me by someone dear to me and at one point she studied with Kulicke. (Thank you I.C.) my As far as I know this has never been published and it appears to be a photocopy of his original typing with some hand written side notes. I was lucky enough to make a photocopy of this collection and find it to be very inspiring, full of truths. Funny how we find things as simple as truth inspiring, maybe we all should question what we are used to getting..??. Quote: "There is a quality of Character much rarer than intelligence or talent. I call it "intellectual honesty." By that term I mean the ability to not lie to yourself too often or for too long."

4 comments:

Shanthi said...

I liked the term 'Intellectual honesty'and the description. It sounds similar to finding ourselves?! To face our own-self and to accept!? A difficult job at times.

Daniel Corey said...

I completely agree, a daily struggle, and pleasure if you can accept yourself.

Solvay said...

Yes, regarding the quote: WAY better than intelligence or talent. WAY more valuable.
You come up with great quotes, Dan!

Daniel Corey said...

Thank you Solvay, I really wish they were my words but I'm thankful that I have the words to read and hopefully learn from.