Monday, March 4, 2013

Snow Balls

Snow Balls, 20x16" available soon







































So recently in my  search for shapes and colors I came across a slurry of Buoy Balls on a snowy hill in Rockport. In the excitement that the abstract design, colors and sunny day brought I forgot to properly plan.. The resulting painting from that day has been a project I'm still working on. I am so into this piece and the color in it, building up layers like nothing I have done before.. I have gone back to paint these Buoy Balls numerous times, exploring the cast shadow shapes for pattern and searching for more colors. The project piece is a pretty large canvas that I will hopefully be showing soon. Till then here is "Snow Balls" 20x16".





Quote: "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way, things I had no words for." Georgia O'keeffe

"Art must take reality by surprise." Francoise Sagan


No comments: