Friday, December 6, 2019

'Summer's Last Song"

Summer's Last Song 16x30" oil 








 Here we are, December and a new post.. I won't mention my intentions of increasing my post numbers here, but I just did. Welp I won't go on about it at least!

This painting Summer's Last Song 16x30" is available now. Contact me for details.
Lately I have taken to pairing my works with poetry, which seems to elevate both of them and is very satisfying to me.. Here is a small quote from Walt Whitman that stood out to me.

 "This is the touch of my lips to yours—this is the murmur of yearning;
This is the far-off depth and height reflecting my own face;
This is the thoughtful merge of myself, and the outlet again."
Walt Whitman
 This year has been a trying one, I have left two galleries that represented me and have had a couple of interesting stories (but no new representation) result from attempts at new places to show my work. It's tough out there kids! You can be waist deep in a career that you are proud of (painting what you like with integrity) and just sit in a storage room until you are told "that's old work, we want new".. You may have a better chance of success today by investing in front row tickets to a major sports event, holding up one of your paintings, hoping the camera catches you and that the right eye was watching said event. I'm kidding, kinda..

 Artists of New England Podcast recently invited me in for an interview. Here is a link to their page Artist's of New England
 You can also find the link in the "links" section on my website, Danielcorey.com or searching on Itunes and Soundcloud
Had a great time talking with Laura and am thankful for her help in getting a bit of my story out there.



One more thing to mention is my Open Studio Sale happening on my website. This is found on the link provided or on my website under "Works" then the specific sale gallery is clearly marked.
This is to help fund the studio renovations that are much needed, so I can stop commandeering half of the living room in the house.

 This old garage has been slowly been turning into a studio. So far we have torn down a full chimney, re-insulated the connecting wall between house and garage, added a full new roof, patched holes from years of mice, vacuumed up 83 lbs (estimated) of mice droppings (the floors looked like " Everything Bagels"), poured a new piece of the foundation that was missing.. Removed the rickety garage door out and replaced with the French doors shown in picture below.

Next on our agenda is installing a wood stove, having the electricity run properly to where it's needed,  install new windows, frame out some divisions, insulate, sheet rock and finally paint. So if you're reading this and would like one of these works, now is the time! Also, if you are a professional or well versed in any of these needs and would accept a painting as payment, please email me.







No comments: