Thursday, April 13, 2017

Bakers Dozen of A Year


It has been a while, huh? Recently realizing that I have not posted for over a year was a bit of a shock.. I have learned many lessons and painted miles of canvas over the year to ramble about. Where to begin? (or re-begin)

 First an update about the fire and fire sale. Having been in quite a pickle financially before the fire the sale helped me get some stability for a bit; which was refreshing.. Thank you to all that bought paintings and sent messages of encouragement! I did not lose everything in the fire like other tenants in the house but I did have to throw a lot away. Washing and wiping (and re wiping) soot off  all of the walls, off everything I didn't throw away became a full time job, for almost two months. Also finally people are not asking me if I smell a fire in close quarters. Most of my clothes smelled like fire  even after being professionally cleaned, Good times.. The house is still being rebuilt and is on its 200th year of existence. Happy Birthday to the Ranch! (used to be a bordello) 

 These days I am preparing for two major shows this summer on in June at Todd Bonita Gallery in Portsmouth New Hampshire and one in July right here in Maine at Portland Art Gallery.
I will share more info and a few sneak peak images closer to those dates. I have been focusing a lot on slight color shifts/colors found within a mass. I have always done this but am trying it a little differently, i am excited to share! 

Today's quote is a special one, to me.

Quote: "Stop searching forever, happiness is right next to you." Fortune cookie

No comments: