Friday, September 7, 2012

Workshop and Climbing

Later this month I will be teaching a workshop in Kennebunk Maine thru River Tree Arts.
This should be a great time with plenty of demos and hands on brush learning.
 For more info click HERE.

The Piece shown titled "Climbing" was a fun piece for me.
Getting into the pure abstract shapes of clouds and looking up at a different subject every two - five
 minutes is really a test in aesthetics and speed.
The piece in real life is a little more subtle in the color. i still let the color fly but depending on your
monitor it can pop a little too much.

The study of clouds is almost like studying a really slow wave.
 Always moving, shape shifting and in open areas casting different shadow patterns.


Climbing 30x24" available @ Camden Falls Gallery

6 comments:

Darrell Anderson said...

Anxious to see this piece....since I'll be out on McGunticook in three days. Nicely done IMHO.

Bill Tomsa said...

cfusisA very challenging subject that you handled superbly as a plein air piece, Dan. As an artist and a pilot, I have a certain fondness for clouds. I find your reference to their abstractedness right in line with how I think of them...as nature's abstracts.

Daniel Corey said...

Hi Darrell, thanks! Let me know if you wanna meet up for some painting.

Hey Bill, thanks for checking in! I always look at the shapes they make and morph into. Slow but non stop action.

Kyle Martin said...

Dan,
I'm excited to hear that you are teaching another workshop! You present so much great information in those workshops, I'm still wandering through my notes.
I enjoy the cloud piece and the way your color sense is becoming truly personal.

Matthew Holt said...

Great perspective created by the shapes of the clouds and nice temperatures in the clouds as well!

Daniel Corey said...

Hey Kyle, thanks a lot! That class was a blast, great discussion and students!

Hey Matt, thank you! The photo is a bit off but I wouldnt want to go spoiling my perfect record of bad photos here. :))