Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Painter of Mud




Recently I traveled down to P Town in hopes of talking with a couple galleries and meeting up with some painting amigos. I am happy to say mission accomplished on both fronts. This quick 6x8" painting is of my friend and fellow painter Frank Gardner. Frank is having show of his latest and greatest work this Saturday at the Addison gallery in Orleans MA. If your in the area check it out its worth the trip. I promise.

If you notice the title of this piece is "The Painter of Mud" this is not a knock on Frank's color choices it's because he is working on a project inspired by Charles Hawthorne's Mud Head paintings. He started a new Blog (linked form his blog) just about these Mud Heads. I would post the link to it here but I am blogging from a mobile device.

No comments: