Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The King of Round Pond


This is a portrait of my favorite lobster boat in Round Pond. The name of the boat on the other hand is my least favorite ,"R 2 Sons" awful huh? anyway this was from a day of two other smaller paintings a 6x8 and a 11x14 this one was the second one done and "for me " its a good balance of warmed up and energetic, sometimes you get out there to paint and your first attempts show more energy then thought and reverse for the last ones. In the middle "the sweet spot " of Plein Aire readiness is the place to be .Usually I start going downhill when my eyes start telling me to hold my blinks for a few seconds or I say to my self "why did I do that " at least a few times in a row. On another note I must thank Colin Page for pointing out just how much beauty these donkeys of the sea possess and for helping to push me along with the inspiration his paintings provide. If any of you have not seen his work ,get out from under your rock and type this in, colinpagepaintings.com and hit search you wont be wasting your time ...I promise!

No comments: