Monday, June 25, 2012

Rockport Rocker

Lately I am hearing the call of abstract design and more lively paint application. I can only imagine as maybe Bob Dylan was writing his 100th folk song on an acoustic guitar he felt the need to plug in an electric guitar. Now I'm not comparing myself to the great Bob Dylan but as an analogy, it's someone most of us know about. Plus it works.__________________________________ The speed of paint application and relating colors is getting me really excited because I'm just not sure what adventure the paint will bring me on or what color harmony I will find hiding in those tubes of paint. I realize that the piece shown is not a breakthrough in abstract anything but there is a start n this piece where either my boredom with local color or my excitement with relating colors was sparked. I hope to write more on this topic soon, when I have a little more time. I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I would check in and share where I'm at. Happy Painting ________________________ "Abstraction is a mental process we use when trying to discern what is essential or relevant to a problem; it does not require a belief in abstract entities." Tom G Palmer___________________________ The above piece "Rockport Rocker" 11x14" is available at Camden Falls Gallery. Link in upper right corner of Blog._______________still can't get proper spacing on blogger..?.so more underscore spacing...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

All your trademark characteristics are here. Great values, vibrant colour and lovely brushstrokes. Interested to see how you develop your ideas about abstraction.

Daniel Corey said...

Hi Mick, thank you! I will posting some of that work soon.

Kyle Martin said...

Hi Dan,
I am feeling the effects of the waves on this one, I had too much to eat for lunch!

Kyle

Daniel Corey said...

Hey Kyle, Ha! Don't look at for 1/2 hour after eating.