Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Made for TV Mini Series, Studies of Sargent

 OK, I have been waiting for quite a while to have the time to be able to do this...
  
Over the next week or so I will be doing approximately ten  5x7" or 5x5" studies of some of my favorite John Singer Sargent pieces. If you are a regular reader of this blog you know I have talked about JSSs' influence and pure image making genius more then once. So attempting this should be a chance for me to learn from one of the only painters in my humble opinion to deserve the moniker "Master".  

These minis will be for sale on Ebay starting very low with an optional low buy it now price. I don't plan on regularly selling directly but these "mini series" could be fun and not everyone is looking for large pieces. thanks for stopping by. 

click here to bid

Quote: "I don't dig beneath the surface for things that don't appear before my own eyes"  J.S. Sargent

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great project and I'm sure you will do them justice. Love this one. When will they be on ebay? Do you post there under your own name?

Daniel Corey said...

Thanks Mick, This one is on ebay now and if things work out well with the pieces there should be one a day for the next ten days....hopefully. :) You can click the link right below the painting (click here to bid) it will bring you right to the listing.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea and a beautiful little painting! Frank Gardner, who I met last month in Charleston told me about you! Love the idea!!!!!

Carol DeMumbrum said...

Love Sargent, so I am so excited to see what you paint next. This is beautiful!

Daniel Corey said...

Hi N. Thank you!

Hi Charlotte, thank you, Frank is the best. Im always inspired by his work.

hi Carol, thank you. I will try to post em everyday around two to three pm.

Chris Gillis said...

These are looking great - excited to se how the series unfolds.

Daniel Corey said...

Hey Chris, thanks!