Saturday, April 18, 2009

10 Days Til Hanging


This is photo is of 85% of a painting I did Thursday in Damariscotta. The reason its not 100% is a slightly slanted photo and no micro tilt adjustment in the Nikon program we have, so a little cropping was needed.(sorry).
With 10 days til the hanging of the show I am painting alot, fitting frames, setting up hanger wire and blah blah. I am tired and anxious, just the way it should be. (I think?) If any of you reading have had "first shows" or plan on it , let me know how it went, or what you might have done different. I would love to hear some experienced insight and or some stories of nightmare openings that could give me a benchmark to try to avoid.
Quote: "The craving for colour is a natural necessity just as for water and fire. Colour is a raw material indispensable to life. At every era of his existence and his history, the human being has associated colour with his joys, his actions and his pleasures."-- Frenand Leger, "On Monumentality and Color", 1943.

6 comments:

Frank Gardner said...

Good luck wrapping stuff up for your show Dan.
No nightmare stories of openings to share.
What would I have done different? Used the paintings that I am making today instead of what I showed. LOL
Hey, it is just a show, dont get too stressed over it.
Will it all be on their web site or something?

Daniel Corey said...

Hey Frank, Thanks for the luck wish, I could use it. I would say I am anxious more then stressed now, stressed was uummmm 2 weeks ago LOL x2. And yeah I think there will be something on the site and some pics will go in their show photo archives. There might even be something now....I'll go check

Unknown said...

This is the third attempt to get through. It seems that this connection is toxic. All the best for the show. Wish I could see it first hand. Some day we'll have a teleport service form Sunderland to Maine.

"Colours speak all languages" Joseph Addison

Daniel Corey said...

Yeah Mick, that sure would make my trip to the Louvre easier! Thank you.

Kyle Martin said...

Your latest painting looks great, it's the way we would see the scene.

Your opening is only 2 days away! It's going to be a great celebration of all this work. Just think, a chance to make a bunch of new friends and get everyone together to have a drink. I hope you post pics from the evening here on the blog. I will be there in spirit.

Kyle

Daniel Corey said...

Thank you Kyle! maybe we can do some photoshop to place you at the scene..?. hahaha
I hope all is going good for you!
get out here and do some painting!